Messages ^0^ ❤

Follow on Bloglovin'!~❤


Saturday 17 January 2015

에뛰드하우스 실크 스카프 헤어 수분팩 Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Moist Pack Review~❤

안녕~

Hello everyone!
Today's review is about the Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Moist Pack!~ My hair has been through quite a journey & i have to admit, I'm not very good with haircare!


All I do is shampoo & condition & then use hair oil/heat protectant prior to styling. I never really use repair masks or serums for my poor locks! My hair type is oily. It gets rather oily after a day or two - I get it from my Dad ㅠㅠ - So I always avoid using loads of products in case it gets too oily!
I try to wash my hair once every two days but it slowly turns to washing it everyday because I hate grease!! - Washing it everyday is just as bad for the hair!

After I bleached my hair twice & then dyed it pink, my hair has become soooo dry & frizzy with many split ends! My hair is also layered so cutting the split ends would require cutting a big length of hair! Plus my hair is very fine so cutting it would make it look even more so - I don't want!!

Oily yet dry hair is such a bother to work with!!

But I don't make it any easier on my hair, I still curl it!! - Very bad for my damaged hair even with heat protection

Here is a photo of when my hair was the worst in November! I had washed it with the crappy complimentary shampoo at the hotel & then curled it:-
It was veeeeery windy & rainy in London at the time so it was damp & tangled which doesn't help that it looked so frizzy!! щ(ಥДಥщ)

I bought this Etude House pack in order to relieve & smooth my dry, frizzy hair but without over stimulating my scalps natural oils



Original Etude House Price:- 8000원
Cosmetic.Love Price:- £8.85



Hair pack moisturises, protects & replenishes hair to promote healthy shine and body.

Specially formulated with oil complex & floral scent, this intensively restorative hair pack deeply nourishes, strengthens,
and rejuvenates very dry and damaged hair to minimize breakage while maximizing shine, silkiness, and manageability.


Camellia Oil - Antioxidant moisture care
Sunflower seed oil & Macadamia Nut Oil - Nourishes hair strands & promotes shine.
Argan Oil - Moisturises scalp & hair & improves texture
Baobab Tree Extracts - Provide moisture care to the inside of hair.
Luxurious fragrance of Fruity Watery Floral.

Capacity: 180ml

I understand you can apply this hair pack all over the hair & even on the scalp! However I was still a bit skeptical on doing this on naturally oily hair.  


Okay. I admit, I bought this pack mostly because of its utterly adorable packaging (○´∀`○) Lovely, & cute candy pink tub that's ever-so-slightly frosted compliments the shiny gold lid!  I just find myself staring at it so much!

oh! oh! - This is completely off-track from the review -
We are getting our bathroom completely renovated with a shower!! We've only ever had a bath installed & it takes so much time & wastes so much water! We finally get to have quick showers in the mornings!
My street is getting it done for free & its happening in 16 days! We are having Strawberry Pink walls & this hair mask will look so cute in there! *0*

Back to the review!~

I absolutely love this pretty logo design on the tub~! So fancy & cute - imagine it decorated with cherries too (´ω`)
When this tub is empty, I'll use it for my samples or maybe my hair clips/bands in the bathroom.

The tub is made from thick, sturdy plastic with a equally sturdy lid - Which opens easily yet shuts tight with a satisfying click! The tub is quite big!


It's bigger than my hand albeit there is not much product inside (180ml) especially for long hair - I'd say this tub may last me a month when used twice a week & probably more if used once a week.

Korean side
English side
Ingredients - Right click - new tab to enlarge

Upon opening the pretty tub, there is a clear plastic divider to keep the product from spilling out.
I like to leave the divider on to avoid a big mess (´・ω・`) If you prefer to remove the divider, just be aware the product easily moves in the tub with the slightest shake.

Here is the pack!~ It looks like jelly or maybe angel delight <。`ω´。> It appears pink in the tub but it's really a white colour.


This tub does not come with any spatula & I understand for hygiene reasons, some people may not like the idea of scooping up the product by hand.
But to be honest, this product is slide-y & jelly-like & easily slips off my own spatula - The photo above took a lot of tries to capture as it kept sliding off!
In the end I do scoop up the product with clean fingers as its going on the hair - Not on the skin right?



The pack is has a thick yet watery gel consistency. It feels very cooling & soothing to touch & therefore should feel soothing to our scalps!
When I blend the swatch in on my skin, it does not feel oily despite the oils in the ingredients - just moisturising! (´ω`)


The pack smells absolutely beautiful!~ A  gentle floral smell with a tiny fruity hint! I'd love a perfume like it! ^▽^
It's does not smell strong nor chemically! 



Here is my natural hair before washing. Dry & appears tangled despite I brushed it ㅠㅠ I had curled my hair the day before so its frizzy!!




Use once or twice a week. Massage into hair and comb through evenly with fingers. Let treatment work for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Shampoo Condition Treatment/Moist Pack




I washed my hair with Alberto Balsam Green Apple Shampoo which is just a simple yet good cleansing shampoo for normal/oily hair (& smells so delicious!). I chose a simple shampoo with no fancy results so I can give you all a really honest result with the moist pack. I did not apply conditioner!~

I need quite a large amount of pack for my hair - My hair finishes just below my shoulder blades so its slightly long. I applied the pack evenly to my scalp, to my ends & massaged it in~
Despite my hair type is oily, I still wanted to test how moisturising the pack is & by how quickly my hair becomes oily; will determine it. 


The pack sits quite thickly on the hair but it feels very moisturising & silky like a conditioner. It's cooling jelly texture really soothes the scalp~! (ノ*^▽^)ノ

After five minutes is up, I rinsed it off under water. The pack rinses off quickly~! (。’▽’。)
I let my hair dry naturally~!

This is my hair after treatment~!
It's visibly smoother & straighter with very little tangles. My fine hair feels slightly more softer & appears more healthy & not so dry.

It's not a miracle effect but just feels like my own hair but slightly more manageable in terms of be able to brush my hair with little tangles.
I do love how straighter my hair appears albeit some frizzy strands are not completely smoothed down (○´∀`○) :-
 You can still see some lifting frizzy strands but its much more improved!~



Here is some more before/afters:-
I think my hair still had a bit of curl in the 'Before' photo  <丶´Д`>

In terms of shine, the pack gives a very subtle shine but not much~ It's quite hard to see (´・ω・`)
I think my hair just looks shiny because of how smooth it went. 

I looked at my hair 4 hours after the treatment & my scalp did not feeling oily or 'stick up' when I pushed at it. My hair did not feel yucky & horrible but just right! It did not feel too dry neither!

The only thing that appeared veeeery slightly oily was my fringe. I like my fringe thin like the Korean fringe style & because of the pack, it appeared a tiny bit stringy:-
It might've been my imagination because it did not feel oily nor stick together when I touched it.
But I never apply very moisturising products to my fringe because it goes stringy - I do not apply the pack to my fringe now.

Sadly, the results do not last long. The smooth, manageability lasts a day for my hair & then my hair is back to normal.
The scent lasts a couple of hours but also fades quickly which makes me sad because its so lovely
<丶´Д`>

This is the day after I applied the pack ^^ It just looks like my natural hair ㅠㅠ 

This pack is nice & I'm glad I tried it~!

It does tame down most of my frizzy strands while making my hair smoother, less tangly & a little bit more soft. It makes my hair look less dry/damaged but provides a subtle hint of shine. 
I find it does not make my naturally oily hair feel or look oily after a few hours though it I avoid applying it on my thin/fine fringe so I don't get a stringy/damp appearance.

I like the cooling jelly texture as it soothes my scalp & it smells absolutely pretty!! ( ´∀`)☆
It's easy to apply despite I need a large amount to evenly cover my hair & is very easy to rinse out.

It's good but it's not a miracle worker for chemical damaged hair - It's just a reliever you could say to soothe the damage done but its effects & scent do not last long.

Pros
Beautiful packaging
Refreshing jelly texture
Smells so good! 
Smooths down frizz
Helps detangle
Makes hair softer
Makes hair appear healthier & less dry
Does not stimulate oily hair types

Cons
Pricey for only 180ml product
I need a lot of product for my hair
It's effects do not last long

Repurchase?
No, I think I'll try different treatments out. I do like this one but I find it just does not last long. 

Cosmetic.Love HERE
Etude.Global HERE 
Etude.kr HERE


I hope all enjoyed this review~!
I've actually just finished this post up today. I have a stomach bug from a bad meal but I really wanted to get this review up for you all. I'll be resting now so I hope you all have a lovely day.
Lots of Love (○´∀`○)


5 comments:

  1. I've never tried Korean hair care products before, but now I'm interested! Your reviews are always so detailed, thanks for posting! 。◕ ‿ ◕。

    Abby
    peaceloveandeyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! It's been a long while since I last visited! :)
    How have you been??

    http://JoshuaHideki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten, I have been reading your blog for like..two years now, and your posts just get better and better <3
    I just started a blog for Korean&Japanese beauty products and such and I am really inspired by your reviewing style, because it is always in so much detail, I know I will know everything about the product when I read your review :)
    -http://waegukingirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty ^^

    And the product looks very effective, too bad it only lasts a day but then again, I think most do only last a day or two. ^^

    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try this, since I tried another hair product from the same line and liked it ^_^

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

back to top Back to top