Messages ^0^ ❤

Follow on Bloglovin'!~❤


Tuesday 23 September 2014

에뛰드하우스 러블리 쿠키 블러셔 2호 스트로베리 슈 Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher No.2 Strawberry Choux Review~❤

안녕~

Heeeello everybody~ Today I have a blusher review for you all! (´ω`) I wear hot pink blushers a lot but I like to experiment with more pinks. I particularly wanted to try out more pale/baby pink colours but they tend to be more for highlighting purposes rather than a blush - But I've found a perfect pale pink blush now! - Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher No.2 Strawberry Choux~! (○´∀`○)



Original Etude House Price:-  6,000원
Cosmetic.Love Price:- £6.22




Puff Puff! Feel the soft touch for lovely & sweet baby rosy cheeks

Clear, photoshop blur-like colour
Creates beautiful dolly flush expression by light scatter radiance.
The satin like powder has excellent adhesion & light coverage when applied & shows clear & vivid colour beautifully on your skin.

Clear & vivid for long time, long lasting effectContains sebum control powder that absorbs excess sebum & sweat.Prevents future breakouts & coating pigments - Preventing discolouration.

Puff Puff Puff!~ Lovely Puff
Cushiony puff works well without powder flutter & applis blusher well on skin.

Adorably & cutely tap,tap,tap, tapping is fun & is a plus!





Avalaible in 12 different colours/types:-
1호 스트로베리 무스  Strawberry Mousse (Non-Pearl, Immaculate strawberry milk color)
2호 스트로베리 슈 Strawberry Choux (Non-Pearl. Cute berry pink color)
3호 라즈베리 타르트 Raspberry Tart (Subtle silver pearl. Hot pink color)
4호 캐롯 치즈케이크 Carrot Cheesecake (Gold & Silver Pearl. Orange color)
5호 애프리콧 푸딩 Apricot Pudding (Non-Pearl. Innocent apricot Colour)
6호 그레이프후르츠 젤리 Grapefruit Jelly (Non-Pearl. Coral pink colour)
7호 로즈 슈가 마카롱 Rose Sugar Macaroons (Soft gold pearl. Elegant rose pink color)
8호 블루베리파이  Blueberry Pie (Subtle Silver & Pink Pearl. Immaculate lavender color)
9호 스윗 베리 머핀 Sweet Berry Muffin (Non-Pearl. Lovely strawberry milk color)
10호 피치 파르페 Peach Parfait (Non-Pearl. Peach color)
11호 피치 슈 웨하스 Peach Choux Wafers (Non-Pearl. Lovely beige pink color)
12호 플럼 무스케이크 Plum Mousse Cake (Non-Pearl. Romantic Autumn Rose color)

Capacity: 7.2g

I was going to choose No.1 Strawberry Mousse but I wanted a slighter warm tone of pink to make my face have a healthy glow rather than my usual ghostly pale skin. I ended up choosing No.2 Strawberry Choux as its not too light nor too hot pink - It also has no shimmer in it. I actually like shimmer but I think the dewy glow of my CC/BB cream is enough~ ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

The blusher comes in this absolutely adorable dome packaging! It reminds me more of a macaron rather than a cookie but gosh its cute.
The plastic casing against the simple frosted lid is just simply yet really effective for me to say 'I WANT' ㅋㅋ The case is made of quite thin plastic so I'm always careful when I take this out in my bag in case it gets broken. However, the case shuts with a satisfying loud 'click!' so I'm happy that it will not burst open anytime soon~(。・ω・。)ノ Lets just hope it stays that way~!

The case is sealed with a small Etude House sticker tab when it first arrived & I think my blusher came in a plastic Etude bag when I got it? I can't really remember ㅠㅠ 
The case is roughly 5½ cm big so its quite petite & fits easily in bags.
Back of the case
Upon opening~ Voilaaaaa~ How damn cute is this? The fluffy puff with its sweet ickle bow is the cherry on top. However, as cute as it is, its not very practical as the colour does not apply as well as with a brush.


The blush is protected with clear plastic divider~


The colour is a gorgeous baby pink colour!~ It kind of reminds me of gyaru-colour & is just super sweet & girly. It's matte so no shimmers & gosh, how cute~ <。`ω´。>

Here is the blusher taken is different lighting/with-without flash:-
The colour looks more coral in sunlight but it still appears as a baby pink in real life~ 

Many reviews I've read said the colour does not show up whatsoever but on my skin, its not the case - It does show up really well on my face with & without base makeup so it completely depends on your skintone - I'll show you later in this post.



 With one swipe the colour transfers really well & appear quite pigmented!~ & with two, it does not overdo the colour~
The colour on my skin is a pretty milky-pink & shows up quite well without being too sheer or too strong - Also you can see it is completely matte~
The texture is really, really soft! like baby powder texture! - The skin where I applied it, feels so silky like a pore powder pact! It's not too chalky/powdery & is easy to brush away excess powder if too much is applied.By too much, I mean like more than 4 applications LOL( ´∀`)☆

It's really difficult to over apply this blusher as it doesn't cake up with powder & the colour is easy build-able -Super good for those who find it difficult to control blusher on their face! You can apply like three time without having caking!~ I find one application of blusher is enough on my face~

Flash/w/out flash
Flash
Without flash
Because the blusher is not too powdery, the case packaging does not easily get messy as only a small amount of powder is scattered after brushing over it with a brush ^^~
After a few brushes with a brush ^^~




As mentioned, the puff does not give as much pigmentation as a brush. Although it looks like it collects a lot of blush - It's doesn't really (its just colour staining ㅠㅠ). I believe its because the powder cannot cling to the fluffiness of it, like it can with hairs of a brush.
Here is how the colour applies when applied with both a brush & the fluffy puff:-
I hope you can all see it~ 
As you can see the brush delivers more dolly pink colour whereas the puff delivers a more natural rosy flush. I like both effects but I do not like the idea of dirtying the puff from my base makeup or from how unhygienic it could be to press the puff to my skin - It's just me being picky though (´・ω・`) I can't help it waah~
 I forgot to take a photo of my bare face today so for reference, here is a photo from 2 days ago~
Quite pale & definitely needs a little bit of ruddiness in there! <丶´Д`> I've been looking absolutely awful lately, my skin went crazy with pore problems too! (Goddamn you mother nature - if you get what I mean щ(ಥДಥщ)  


With brush
I applied one gentle layer of the blusher to the apples of my cheeks & slightly up to my cheekbones - With a brush! With one layer, it immediately gives such a sweet & innocent baby pink flush to my pale skin. I look more healthier. . . & just alive ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ Haha~

I actually applied another small sweep of blush over this & it looks the same only sliiiightly more pinker! - Very easy to build up to how you like it & it does not cake up! 

This blusher claims to absorb sebum/sweat & at first, I worried about that! Because I like my skin looking & feeling moistfull & sometimes when I use a blusher that absorbs oils, they end up looking cakey/powdery - especially under the sun!
But when I went outside, this blusher looked flawless & smooth against my skin & it absorbed the dewiness of my cc cream. .  BUT when I touched my fingers to my face, it felt like a powder but it still felt moist!
So it doesn't absorb everything out of that area of my skin surface (just the dewiness) & stills leaves my face feeling comfortable & supple! ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ 

With puff

I applied the blusher this time with the puff & it gives such a natural & pretty rosy flush! I asked my mum whether she noticed I was wearing blusher - She thought I wasn't! (。’▽’。)
The puff is definitely the one applicator for a natural blusher - especially for beginners.

Despite I do not like the idea of pressing the fluffly (easily dirty) puff on my face, I can't deny I love the effect! Besides, it looks cute to dab this cutie puff on your face - I feel like a makeup advert doing that XD
The puff can easily get spoiled & I really don't recommend washing it because of its material. But you can buy the puffs separately from Cosmetic.Love HERE I'll be throwing mine away soon~ I've too many Tony Moly Puffs to use up! 

Here is more images in which I wear the blusher - either using the puff or brush:-
Brush
Brush
Brush
Puff

Puff
I am so happy with this blush! I finally found a good baby/pale pink that does provide colour rather just highlight! Despite some reviews saying it does not show up on the skin, I'm so glad it did for me! But I think it depends on your skin tone <。`ω´。> Warmer skin tones may have more difficult getting colour out of this blusher. 

I love the finish colour effect on my skin - A baby pink colour that just looks sweet & innocent without being overdone via brush or puff; thanks to its good build-able pigmentation. You cannot go wrong with this blusher as it takes a lot of layers for it to go cakey/too powdery so its a bonus to people new to blush.
I find it does not accentuate my pores problems I've been having but almost seems to mask them like a primer because of its silky soft finish on the skin.
My skin has not broken out from this blusher & I've been using it since July! 
It does absorb excessive sebum/sweat & does draw out the dewiness of my base makeup but still leaves my skin moisturised!

Because it draw out sebum/sweat, I find this blusher lasts absolutely ages. I wear this blusher from 8am to 5pm college days with no touchups because I simply have no need for touchup!. . . because it stays looking fresh!

Cute packaging, cute colour, cute finish - Great blusher! (○´∀`○)
* * *
Pros
Reasonable price
Adorable & attractive packaging
Cute puff included - Though not always practical
Available in 12 different colours & effects (non-pearl/pearl)
Good pigmentation - Not too pale or dark
Texture is soft & silky - Not chalky or messy to apply
Gives a gorgeous innocent pink colour to my cheeks
Does not have heavy coverage/cake or become too powdery
Absorbs sebum/sweat albeit not entirely stripping surface of moisture
Long-lasting & waterproof (9hrs+ for my morning/college schedule)
Does not break me out or irritate any problems I may have
No scent

Cons
Packaging is a bit delicate, take care when taking out in your bag
Depending on your skintone, the colour may not be that noticeable
Use brush for stronger blush if preferred
Hard to find in UK

Repurchase?
Yes! I want to try other colours of the Lovely Cookie Range~ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Buy your own Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher today!
Cosmetic.Love HERE
Etude House Global Store (opening Oct.1 OMG) HERE
Etude.kr HERE
 

Hope you enjoyed this Etude review! I'm really looking forward to the Etude House International Store opening soon - Can finally buy from in the UK from actual Etude! eeeeeeeek~~( ´∀`)☆
Have a lovely week everyone!
Love KeiKei

1 comment:

  1. I bought a similar product but from BabyFace and I really liked it and ended up using it all. Do you feel like Etude Houses' had a chalky texture though? I know you said it isn't too chalky but my skin often looks very dry, so having something without a LOT of moisture built into it might make me look flaky ;A;

    momopodo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

back to top Back to top